Cafecitos. Sangria. Speed challenge. Local celebrity sightings. Sweet bling. Super Miami, right? The new 305 Half Marathon & 5K is all about local vibes, attracting visitors and locals alike.
Formerly known as the “13.1 Miami Beach & 5K,” this Miami experience is a cultural gem, with a picturesque coastal course, featuring Miami’s fresh and vibrant soul.
Newly enhanced, the race aims to incorporate some iconic Miami elements. Participants will traverse the primarily water-lined course and enjoy a post-race beach party bash, where they can properly celebrate their 305 finish.
Some race day perks participants can look forward to include:
- Cafecitos provided on race morning.
- Eppa Sangria SupraFruta Bar at the post-race party.
- Enhanced DJ sets on-course and at the post-race party.
- Frankie Ruiz, Co-Founder of the Miami Marathon, will be running with his fiancé before running to the altar!
- 305 Drive Ignited by Athlinks – 400-meter speed challenge within the half marathon course.
- Pacers running with speakers for mobile music on-course.
- Post-race finish festival amenities.
- Recovery sessions including massage, electro stimulation and Game Ready boots from Dr. Be.
- Stretching courtesy of Stretch Zone.
“These race enhancements came to fruition when our team decided to move away from the idea of the national Run 13.1 Series and create a more local vibe to best capture the essence of Miami and Miami Beach. Let’s face it, there’s no place like the 305,” said Senior Brand Manager, Nicole Bostick.
All participants will receive the race day experiences listed above as well as a custom gender specific tech t-shirt with their registration and some sweet, Miami-inspired bling as they cross the finish line.
A really cool feature the race is rolling out is the “305 Three-Peat.” Finishers will receive the ‘3’ medal for completing this year’s race, the ‘0’ in 2019, and ‘5’ in 2020. So if you miss next month’s race, you’re out of luck.
All athletes will be eligible for age group and overall awards in the 305 Half Marathon & 5K distances, as well as in the 305 Drive Ignited by Athlinks speed challenge within the half marathon course.*
Registration is open until race day on Sunday, March 4. Prices will increase on Saturday, February 24, but we got you covered with a $5 discount when you use “STAYFIT305” during registration.
To register, visit http://www.305halfmarathon.com/.