Whether you’re a fitness newbie or have years of practice doing planks, squats or bicep curls, one thing is for sure: your body WILL benefit from a private training session. In addition to spicing up your exercise routine, here are seven reasons your practice, physique and fitness regimen are sure to benefit:
- Personal Attention. Why share the spotlight with a room full of class-goers when you can have the attention all to yourself? During one-on-one sessions, your instructor can focus on how you perform each exercise, and subsequently provide specific instruction to help you better understand proper alignment and performance of the exercise. They can assess where and how you may be compensating or “cheating” and give you cues and feedback on how to get the most out of each exercise. Enjoy your “aha moment” in these private sessions as you realize how each movement is really supposed to feel.
- Customization. Private sessions allow the instructor/trainer to design a program with your specific needs and goals in mind. Want to improve the muscle tone and strength in your arms? No problem. Your instructor can gear the flow to incorporate all the upper body exercises you want. Looking to focus on stretching today? Your wish is basically our command. And if you don’t know what you want or need, then leave it to the instructor. Most of us can assess what your body most needs, and then personalize our program to get you into the physical shape you deserve.
- Quality vs Quantity. In private sessions, you can’t get away with just muscling through any exercise the way we can during group classes. Your instructor will always get the best from you, and in turn, you will really “FEEL” how each exercise is meant to be performed. You will leave each session feeling a sense of true accomplishment…and probably a little sore (the good kind)!
- Injury-Related Concerns. This is a biggie. Many people with injuries avoid group classes for fear of re-injury. That’s why one-on-one sessions are perfect for clients looking to recover and/or prevent injuries, as well those ready to get back into their fitness routines. During a private session, instructors help guide you through a program that is safe and effective for the most important person in the room…YOU! They will show you proper performance of each exercise and teach you modifications that you can apply in a group class. And if, for example, you have a cast on your arm, we can continue to strengthen your legs.
- Growth. Exercise and fitness, like many other areas in life, is a practice. That means that in order to grow and improve, you need consistency. Striving to get into a more advanced group class? Or were you struggling with an exercise that was taught in class recently? Then private sessions are the perfect safe place for you to work on and practice those exercises that may be too advanced to learn in a group setting.
- Carryover. As a result of consistency and one-on-one attention, you will see a higher level of carryover from one session to another. You will also see an improvement in your performance during group classes because you will now have the tools to fine-tune the movements performed during a group class and experience a more efficient workout while in a group setting.
- Fun! While working out with friends in a group is always a good time, having some one-on-one time with your own instructor is a blast! You’ll laugh together, develop a rapport and sweat your way to new and improved physical capacity.
If you’re just getting started in the workout world, then scheduling a private session is the optimal way to get a good understanding and foundation of proper form and alignment so you can get the greatest benefit. And if you’re already a fitness junkie, scheduling a private session on a monthly or regular basis can help challenge your body to take it to the next level.
But you don’t have to choose. Try mixing and matching. But whatever you decide, just remember to take care of your body…it’s the only place you have to live.