Competitors will run, walk, swim, or bike a total of 25 miles between Friday, August 7, and Sunday, August 9 to raise funds for Touching Miami with Love (TML).
Touching Miami with Love (TML) was founded in 1995. As a community-based organization, TML operates sites in two of Miami-Dade’s most economically challenged communities, Overtown and West Homestead. TML serves nearly 400 children and youth each day through its programming.
Subscribe: STAY FIT 305 Newsletter
This year the organization celebrates 25 years of serving the Miami community, and this virtual competition will support their summer activities and after school program. The funds raised will increase spacing for summer and future programs and allow kids to stay connected and also safe during COVID-19.
In order to provide an optimal experience, competitors get to choose their personal preference of activities; this includes running, cycling, swimming, and walking. Participants can focus on one exercise or mix & match to reach 25 miles. Those up for an advanced challenge can go for 35 miles.
Some facts about how the funds will help TML:
- $10 – Buys art supplies for a student in the after-school program
- $25 – Provides programing supplies to a student with STEM learning projects (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics)
- $50 – Provides regular transportation to pick up a child from school and safely take them home
- $65 – Provides a week of after-school programming for one elementary student
- $100 – Provides a licensed teacher for one child over an entire school year, focused on struggling readers.
For more information and to register for this event, head to runsignup.com/TML25.