Calling all CrossFitters and functional fitness enthusiasts. It’s almost that time again. We are less than a month away. But considering the impulsive nature of the town we live in, we are right on time.
I’m talking about The Wynwood Throwdown. It’s back for it’s 4th birthday. If you thought it was a fun party last year, this year you are going to love it even more, because they have added extra balloons – and they might have even spiked the punch.
Okay so I’m speaking metaphorically. But they have made some awesome additions – and there will be booze.
Additions like a bigger and better location. 60,000 square feet of ourdoor space worth of location. Right in the heart of Wynwood.
Additions like a new 3-person teams division for both RX and scaled.
Additions like an awesome grand prize pack for the RX men and women’s individual divisions that includes two round trip tickets to Mexico and cash!
Additions like more vendors than last year, an Urban Chipper WOD that will include a run through Wynwood with a rendezvous back at the competition grounds to finish off the workout, international DJs and an After Sundown Party sure to rival your last trip to E11even- minus the nudity (well, maybe).
Some of the sponsors this year include Celsius Energy, Jackson Memorial Hospital, Caffeine & Kilos – just to name a few. They will be adding some of their awesomeness to the day and night.
And all this fun isn’t just for adults. This year, the Throwdown will also have a Kid’s Only WOD powered by Nike where your little athletes ages 6+ can get their fitness on too!
Other things that you need to know are things like:
- Individual and team (of 3) divisions available for RX and scaled women and men
- There will be 3 WODS + final WOD for top 12
- If you can do most CrossFit benchmark workouts RX then you’re good to go for the RX division. If you’re been a regular CrossFitter for six months or more, then you are probably qualified to do scaled.
- Coach Santiago Callejas has programmed some fun and creative WODs this year,
- Registration is still open (hint, hint). AND if you use the code SF305 only found here you will save some dinero on that last-minute registration. (You’re welcome).
- Sponsorships are still available too.
- If you want to help out via volunteering your time and smiling face, then that is always welcome.
It all happens on Saturday, February 17th and goes all day and, once the sun goes down, the afterparty starts. If you like fun and fitness then this is an event you want to be at- regardless of how you like to sweat. I’ll see you there.
Learn more or contact the organizers about registration, sponsorship, volunteering or anything else at www.wynwoodthrowdown.com
Email: [email protected]