Derek DeGrazio, celebrity trainer and managing partner of Barry’s Bootcamp Miami, is breaking down exactly how many calories are in your favorite Thanksgiving foods — and how you can burn those calories off.
“It’s that time of year again, but before you go for seconds, you might want to think twice,” DeGrazio tells PEOPLE. “You’ll be surprised to know how much work in the gym you’ll have to put in just to burn off a few of your Thanksgiving favs. It’s only once a year, so indulge of course — just be prepared to sweat a little more the next day to burn off some of those calories.”
- Serving – 6 oz. of white or dark meat = 340 calories
- To burn it off – About 315 burpees
- Serving – ½ cup serving = 180 calories
- To burn it off – About 35 minutes of push-ups
- Mashed Potatoes
- Serving – ½ cup serving = 150 calories
- To burn it off – About 20 minutes of squats
- Cranberry Sauce
- Serving – ½ cup serving = 190 calories
- To burn it off – About 19 minutes of mountain climbers
- Pumpkin Pie
- Serving – 1 slice = 323 calories
- To burn it off – About 35 minutes of lunges
*This post was originally published on PEOPLE.com by Gabrielle Olya and can be found here.