According to RAVE, Miami Beach is the top active city in the United States, posting workouts on Instagram more than any other city. They posted 2,453 posts per million citizens. Miami ranks second in the country, posting 1,907 per million.
RAVE‘s recent study reviewed fitness hashtags on Instagram to see how they correlated with cities in the US. They analyzed over 2.3 million posts tagged with fitness, diet, and body positivity related hashtags and used that data to figure out which places in the US are most active.
Several other South Florida cities made the top 10s in various fitness categories.
- Miami Beach was no. 1 for #Yoga while Miami was no. 3. Miami was also no. 1 for #Crossfit, with Miami Beach at no. 6.
- Boca Raton was no. 1 for #StrengthTraining and no. 2 for #Pilates.
- Doral was no. 6 in the country under #Running, while Coral Gables hit no. 7 in #Cycling and no. 5 in #Pilates.
- Miami Beach was the number one city for use of the #BodyPositivity hashtag, with 50% more uses per person than the second-place city.
Subscribe: STAY FIT 305 Newsletter
South Florida also ranked for different diet-conscious hashtags.
- Miami came in no. 3 for #Protein
- Weston was ranked no. 3 for #KetoLife while Doral was at no. 8.
- Delray was no. 2 for use of #Paleo.
Despite this strong showing by South Florida cities, the state of Florida is only no. 3 overall in the Most Active State category.
For more rankings, check out the entire study.